Delegation is an effective way of managing personal time and developing staff. This course provides practical techniques and skills to effectively delegate work to others. It will also look at the principles of empowerment and how to reinforce employee empowerment.
The aim of this course is to enable participants to effectively delegate tasks to employees that will offer meaningful challenges and provide them with opportunities to build their skills.
- Define the true meaning of delegation
- Recognise the benefits and barriers to delegation
- Understand the need for delegation and how personal and organisational efficiency can be improved through systematic delegation
- Make better use of their own and their subordinates time
- Understand the benefits of employee empowerment
- Define the meaning of delegation
- Advantages and disadvantages of delegation
- Factors affecting delegation
- Levels of delegation
- Step[s to successful delegation
- The empowering manager
- Four areas were empowerment can be applied