This course looks at the different theories and models of leadership and compares these to the concept of management. The course helps you identify those of most value to you and enable you to develop your own leadership practices and skills.
The aim of this course is to help participants identify the most effective leadership style to utilise in their workplace situations.
- Define leadership and identify the distinction between leadership and management
- Understand the strengths and limitations of a range of approached to leadership
- Identify your own strengths and development needs as a leader
- History of leadership theories
- The difference between leadership and management
- Qualities of leaders and management
- Leadership models – John Adair, Tannenbaum and Schmidt ad Hersey Blanchard
- Leadership and management questionnaire