This course introduces the performance management system as an opportunity to strengthen performance and formalise procedures.
The aim of this course is to enable participants to achieve their business objectives by developing the skills of their staff and improving all aspects of operational performance.
- To understand the process of performance management and distinguish between performance reviews and development plans
- To outline the techniques for monitoring performance
- To provide effective feedback to individuals on performance objectives
- Establish and prioritise their business goals and develop SMART personal objectives for staff
- Clarify the knowledge and skills required to complete SMART personal objectives
- The performance management cycle
- Individual roles and responsibilities
- How to set SMART personal objectives for staff
- Techniques to monitor, measure and communicate performance
- Preparing for and conducting a performance review meeting
- Different training solutions for a performance shortfall
- Techniques for managing poor performance